Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Slow Cooker Pork Stewed in Rice Recipe

I've been hearing such good things about the Crock-Pot. I used mine maybe a few times, and it was good, but I need some more versatile recipes, so I tried something new this weekend. I've had a lot going on lately, and with my new schedule of supposedly going to bed earlier, and fitting in my 30-45 mins of exercise/multitasking,  I'm just beat. Oh and how could I forget to mention that the girls have been soo bad this past week and it's taking every bit of energy out of me not to run away and never come back. Amorina decided she would have a hunger strike for the last week. Lord knows why she's calling a strike, but anyone who knows me personally knows that's my biggest thing I can't deal with; Kids who don't eat their goddamn food. It's like what kinda mother would I be if I just let them run wild on junk, or not eat solid meals? That's just a bad as raising children without any goddamn manners. My view on having children: Kids need to be clean, healthy, and well spoken....which leads to my #1 problem, my oldest and her attitude. She seems to be having sibling rivalry because she's been acting out for attention and being rude to get it. There is only room for ONE woman in this house and I will not condone bad behavior even as I take my last breath. I really wish these kids had more than just me and their dad, it's sucking the life outta us because they both are demanding a lot. They need our extended families nearby, but there's no way we'll be moving to NY for a very long time. Gosh that felt so good to vent... Now about the recipe...I will be doing more slow cooker meals for the next I don't know....year????????? LOL no, not really, but I will be relying on it more until I can get out of this weird funk I'm in.
I will keep this in mind, to keep going upward. Should it be helpful to you, then I've done something right today.  (Photo from Holistic Dad on FB)

Slow Cooker Pork Stew in Rice

Ingredients 

2 lbs Boneless Pork Roast cubed
2 tbsp. oil
1 large onion diced
5-6 medium Roma tomatoes diced
1/2 apple sliced, or you can do a whole. I used Golden Delicious.
Adobo-I don't measure, just sprinkle evenly on the meat
black pepper to taste
cayenne pepper to taste
1.5 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp parsley
salt to taste
3 cups water, divided
2 cups long grain white rice which you'll add later.

*Note: Be advised, every crock-pot is different, you'll have to see how yours does on time. I have the Crock-Pot brand and it cooks fast.

Steps: 



1) After you've cubed and washed your pork roast, season it with Adobo, ginger, cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper to your taste. I put as much as 2-3 tsp. of each pepper. 

2) In a skillet, brown the meat on all the sides for a few mins. 


3) Pour it into your crockpot, add onions, tomatoes, apple slices, oregano, parsley and 1 cup water.  








4) Set your slow cooker on low for 6 hours, or high for 3-4 hours. 

5) Add rice and 2 cups water during the last 2 hours on low, or in the last 45 mins on high.


 Enjoy!
























Hasta MaƱana...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Google+

Google+ Followers

Total Pageviews

Copyright