Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Blue Sage Naturals: Sea Buckthorn Shampoo Review

I will be crazy busy for the next 2 weeks, it's quite apparent from my lack of posts. However, I specifically came on tonight to put my review out there. So back in December I mentioned that my hair was shedding and I was trying something new to stop it. I told you I would let you know how it goes and I'm a person of my word. I made sure to take a pic of it while it was full.



It was a move based on emotion and a risk to try something I didn't find negative reviews on. I thought the negative reviews on their page could either be real or fake, either way it's risk when you buy something off the internet. I was stupid though I admit it. I should have known better from their shitty outdated website that has really bad organization. (I'm in the field of web development, the better site you have, the better customer experience, and I honestly didn't read their fucked up 30+ item policy list). What sold me was the extensive research I did on Sea Buckthorn Oil itself. It is an amazing herb. I use the soap already except it's a different brand. What also sold me was that the shampoo was sulfate-free, and free of any harmful chemicals, so I gave it a chance like many others after me have and will continue to unless they find my review.

I used the shampoo, and it wasn't helping. I figured it needed time. So I continued on until a few weeks ago, in fact I increased my shampoos per week. My hair started getting worse, and I didn't know what to do. I'm always fuckin stressed, I have so much going on in my life right now, so many different emotions and transitions all at once. It's almost impossible to pinpoint the trigger. I had my labs done eight months ago, which were normal, so I didn't want to think something was wrong internally. I've had hormonal imbalance for a long time, but my cycles were normal for the last 6 months, so it couldn't be that. I'm also 15 months postpartum, so my hair should be back to "normal". I decided to change my shampoo and see if there's an improvement, then start doing process of elimination digging for more causes. There was also the possibility of "seasonal hair loss" my hairdresser mentioned. I couldn't be too sure.

After changing my shampoo, I saw a difference. A big difference (knock on wood). I'm up to shampoo #6 and my hair is still shedding but at a normal rate that it did before all this nonsense. I contacted the seller of the shampoo asking for a refund and of course they have a no refund policy. Some bullshit, of course. Interestingly enough, the email sent to me was cc-ed to an attorney. The company acts like they care when they send you the product, they tell you to let them know how it works, and when you do, they have nothing to say. Typical. Never again though. It was a learning experience. For educational purposes: its normal to shed 100-200 hair strands when washing, and about 100 hair strands daily on your brush or from random loose strands. 

I wanted to say fuck you back to her email when she replied saying she could give me store credit, but decided to make sure I posted my review. Who the fuck wants to buy anything from your store after a bad experience bitch? You could only get store credit if you returned the bottle in fact...which you have to pay for of course. Mind you this was a $25 12oz shampoo with close to $8 shipping. See the site for yourselves people and let me know what you think. Either way, I would never recommend them to anyone. Women are gentle creatures that have a vulnerability when it comes to beauty. We're always self-conscious of our flaws.



Maybe my review will have people thinking twice where not to throw the few dollars they invest in themselves. I will let you in on what I'm using when I'm almost done the bottle.

http://www.bluesagenaturals.com/

3 comments:

  1. Yup, the website looks shitty but you seriously come across as a very angry person. You might call yourself sassy but from here it looks more like Seething.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, I am an angry person. I'm angered by the incompetence, dishonesty and bullshit of the world. I have an old soul, my beliefs and values are from an older time.

      Delete
  2. very nice blogs!!! i have to learning for lot of information for this sites...Sharing for wonderful information.


    Ecru Sea Clean Shampoo

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Google+

Google+ Followers

Total Pageviews

Copyright