Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

Meal Idea+Recipe: Baked Tilapia in a Bed of Baby Greens

My daughter being in school has been keeping me busier than I thought I could be. I've been going to bed earlier but I don't know how long that will last as usual. Tonight we had Baked Tilapia in a Bed of Baby Greens for dinner. My father-in-law can be so sweet and thoughtful, before he left last week he gave us some really big fresh caught Tilapia gutted already. I love tilapia but definitely fresh, no farm raised. I decided to take the mid-section and tail pieces to make curry, and took the heads which were too hard to saw off and bake it. The fish were too big to throw away the heads wasting at least 4 oz. of flesh on each head, so I figured why not bake them? With this recipe you would need to use your discretion on the amount of tilapia and the size/thickness of the fish. I will list everything I used to marinade it overnight. Squeeze fresh lemon as desired on top when you eat it on your bed of greens. Without it is fine, it won't taste wrank.


Baked Tilapia (Seasoned Overnight)  


Ingredients:

sea salt
1 large onion chopped small
olive oil
lemon and pepper seasonings
parsley
black pepper
chilli pepper
garlic chopped finely

Steps: 

  1. Wash your fish with salt, vinegar, and lemon juice. Rinse, drain. 
  2. Let all the water drain till it looks a little dry. You can dry fish pieces with a paper towel if you're in a hurry. 
  3. Add all the ingredients and cover overnight; refrigerated. 
  4. Grease your pan with a little oil before adding it to bake. 
  5. Bake 30 mins to an hr. I covered it halfway and baked it uncovered for the other half of time at 350 degrees. 

Baby kale, baby chard, baby spinach, baby romaine, all in one mix. Since it's baby greens there's no bitterness.


Enjoy! Watch out for the bones though... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Google+

Google+ Followers

Total Pageviews

Copyright