Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Cute Guy on the Next Block

One winter there was this guy who had the whole bad boy look goin' on. He had swag, he had valor the way he carried himself, he had dark intense eyes. Just my type. He asked me out and I said yes right away. He had been watching me for a while every time he walked down the block. After I said yes, I started getting to know him. I only liked what I saw. He grew on me like a leach.  It wasn't even weeks when the poetry seemed like it would never end. He seemed like he was almost 1 second close to hiring a mariachi band to serenade me by my window when I decided enough was enough. I couldn't find the chemistry when we spoke or when I read those love letters. So I ended it. Just like that. The tears this dude wept were sad not because a man shouldn't cry but because they were so uncalled for. It hadn't even been that long, why are you fuckin' crying like we were meant to be? We've never even been intimate which is worse because if there was a chance of getting back together that definitely blew it. I don't want a man that cries more than I do. Fuck, I cry easily, if you're going to be crying all the time who's gonna hold me and make me feel better when I'm crying?...If we had been intimate and we're in love, then I look forward to all the affection,  and spilling of tears and emotions in a passionate way. Not only did I have to lie to him to get him to stop crying, but I had to give him false hope. Do you think a man crying over nothing could be a very good lay?

"A weak man can't handle a strong woman, he doesn't know what to do with her." 

It's no wonder why I couldn't wait to get away from that dude, he didn't even wait until I was enchanted by his magic before he unleashed that much. I didn't feel as strongly as he did. He wasn't the first guy to become horribly emotional over me breaking it off either. I wanted a man. A man in every sense of the word. The three other fellas also got to the point of becoming so emotional in such a short period of time, each of them unleashing their fury on me with spite afterwards. I was young and exploring, I toyed with their feelings and ran when it was convenient. When I did run it was always in the direction of the next charming guy, which was the most ironic thing because I was faced with total assholes after that. Karma I guess, but it surely taught me a lesson about appreciating the guys who genuinely got hurt. I reflected on that so much that when I found the total package, he became the love of my life I didn't let him go that easily. 


If I hurt you, please know that I'm genuinely sorry. We live and we learn. I can't say I would've done things differently because every step led me to where I am now and I'm so grateful. 

                     Cliché-like but true.


I read these articles and fell in love with it, it's a MUST READ! It's important if you have a relationship or ever want to be in a relationship. 


The Best Kept Secret of Highly Successful Couples


"I tried carrying the weight of the world
But I only have two hands
Hope I get the chance to travel the world
But I don't have any plans
Wish that I could stay forever this young
Not afraid to close my eyes
Life's a game made for everyone
And love is a prize."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Google+

Google+ Followers

Total Pageviews

Copyright