Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

Chicken & Spinach Pita Pizza Recipe

Hey guys, I know I've been slacking with the recipes and health posts. I will share some more very soon. For tonight here's a very fast recipe idea. It nets about 450 calories, 46g protein, 33g carbs, 14g fat and 6g fiber. It's fast if you cook a bunch of chicken breasts ahead of time, healthy, delicious and very filling. What's more is my older daughter loves it!


Chicken & Spinach Pita Pizza Recipe 

Ingredients:

1 whole wheat pita or other flatbread
3/4 cup cubed chicken breasts (cooked/preferably grilled) 
3 tbs. marinara sauce
baby spinach or frozen spinach thawed
cooked mushrooms (optional) 
1/4 cup mozzarrella cheese or feta cheese

Steps: 


  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Spread marinara sauce over the pita. Top with spinach, chicken, cheese.
  3. Season as desired with salt, pepper, oregano etc. 
  4. Bake for 6-10 mins, depending on your oven and desired crust preferences. I love marinara so I add an extra tbs and cook for 9 mins. 
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Google+

Google+ Followers

Total Pageviews

Copyright